Dear Friends of Saint Dumitru Monastery,
Now, at the beginning of the Great Lent, we pray the good God to strengthen us, to bless us and to help us keep the fast in a way pleasing to Him. Let this time be an opportunity for us to escape, to rise above our daily common lives towards the ones on high, towards the ones above, towards what is our own (cf. Luke 16.12).
We wish to share with you few pieces of information:
1. We will have hierarchal service at our monastery on the 3rd Sunday of the Great Lent (Sunday of the Holy Cross), April 4. We invite you to participate so that we bring joy and proper welcome our Metropolitan Nicolae.
2. On the initiative of HE Metropolitan Nicolae, the Romanian Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas organizes a series of four spiritual evenings during the Great Lent. The series will be opened by the abbot of Holy Putna Monastery, Archimandrite Melchisedec Velnic, with the theme, The Mother of God, protector of Christians in times of trial. Please find details on Metropolia’s page: https://mitropolia.us/index.php/en/1097-the-spiritual-evenings-of-the-great-lent.
3. The regular activities of our Metropolia’s program “Exploring your faith”, including our spiritual evenings, are suspended during the Great Lent and will resume after Pascha.
4. We also announce the publication of our monastery January bulletin. You can read or download it from: https://sfdumitru.org/en/icon-from-within.
5. The Liturgical Schedule of our monastery for the first six weeks of the Great Lent can be viewed at the address: https://sfdumitru.org/en/liturgical-schedule/. On the first and sixth week of Great Lent, Fridays, starting with 6 pm, we will participate in the Sacrament of Holy Unction at Saint Nicholas parish in Queens, NY.
May God grant you a good and beneficial Lent!
In Christ, our Lord and Savior,
Abbot of Saint Dumitru Monastery